Table of Contents
If you're planning a trip to Brighton, England, you might be wondering how to find an affordable place to stay. After all, the city has been named one of the most expensive places in Europe for tourists. Luckily, there's a lot that can be done with just a bit of research. From searching for long-term rentals to choosing between shared kitchens and private bedrooms with separate entrances, there are plenty of ways for travelers on a budget to enjoy this seaside town without breaking the bank.
Search for long-term rentals
If you're looking for a long-term rental, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, check the dates of the rental. If it's only available for a few days or weeks and not an entire month or more, then it may not be worth the cost. You could also consider renting a short-term Airbnb if you need something shorter than that.
For example: If your search results show rentals with availability from June 16 through July 10 (for example), then this isn't going to work out as well as one that allows you access from June 1 through July 31 (or longer).
Plan a trip in February or March
If you're looking to save money and have a more relaxed experience, the off-season is your best bet. Brighton has several festivals throughout the year that draw crowds of tourists, including the Pride festival in May and the artsy cultural celebration Artweek in September. If you visit during these times, it can be hard to find an Airbnb rental that's not booked up--but if you go during February or March (which make up most of my month long trips), there are plenty of options available at lower prices than usual.
The weather in February is still mild enough for walking around town without getting sweaty; meanwhile, hotels tend not to charge extra fees for early check-in because few people are staying there yet anyway! Plus, restaurants aren't yet serving seasonal dishes like pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving or mulled wine at Christmas--so they'll likely offer better deals on food too!
Stay outside the city center
If you're looking for an affordable place to stay in Brighton, it's worth considering staying outside the city center. While this does mean you'll need to travel a little further, the savings can be significant--and it's always nice to have space of your own.
There are lots of great options if you're willing to venture just a few miles from the center:
- Hove is a popular suburb with plenty of accommodation options--it has its own train station on Brighton Main Line with regular services into town and also offers easy access via bus or taxi (if you don't fancy walking). Popular areas include Church Road, Grand Avenue and The Lanes where there are plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops within walking distance from your Airbnb rental property.
- Lewes Road is another great option outside Brighton itself; here you'll find everything from budget B&Bs through small guesthouses to upmarket boutique hotels such as The Devonshire Arms Hotel which has been awarded five stars by Visit Britain!
Consider a hostel or a hotel
If you're traveling alone, or with a partner and don't mind sharing a room with strangers, consider staying at a hostel. Hostels are usually cheaper than Airbnb rentals and often include amenities like breakfast, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities.
Hostels also tend to be more centrally located than Airbnb rentals -- which can be helpful if you want to explore different neighborhoods on foot -- but they may not have as much privacy since many share common areas such as kitchens or bathrooms. If this is important for your trip, consider booking an apartment instead of staying in one of these smaller spaces (or check out our tips for finding affordable apartments).
Use the advanced search to find affordable Airbnb rentals
The Advanced Search feature on Airbnb is great for finding budget-friendly accommodations, as you can filter your results by location and price range. For example, if you're looking for a place that's in a group house and has a shared kitchen, just type in those criteria during your search. You might also consider searching for properties that are available for longer than one month--it will likely save you money on nightly rates!
Look for properties that have a shared kitchen
If you're staying in an Airbnb rental, look for properties that have a shared kitchen. If you're staying in a hostel or hotel, ask if they offer cooking facilities and whether there are any special deals on food.
If you have time before your trip to Brighton, take some cooking lessons! It's much cheaper than eating out all the time and can be fun as well as healthy (and delicious).
Stay in a group house
Group houses are a great option for travelers who want to meet people, share expenses and save money.
- Group houses are often cheaper than hotels: If you're traveling with a friend or partner, this is the easiest way to split the cost of accommodation between two people. Room prices range from $30-$50 per night depending on location, which is usually less than half of what you'd pay at a hotel for just one person!
- Group houses are often cheaper than private rentals: If you're traveling solo and don't mind sharing space with strangers (or even friends), then this might be an even better option than staying in an Airbnb apartment by yourself--and again it's much cheaper than booking multiple hotel rooms within your budgeted amount.
- Group houses are often cheaper than hostels: While hostels do offer dorm rooms at lower rates than hotels, they also come with less privacy and security plus no kitchen access so food has to be purchased every day instead of cooked on site like most other options here do allow."
Choose a central location
Choosing a central location is key to having an affordable trip. When you're staying in a place that's close to everything, it's easy to get out, see the sights and save money.
If you're looking for budget accommodation near Brighton Pier or the Sea Life Centre (or both), we've got some great options for you!
Don't rent out your whole place for short-term stays
One of the best ways to find affordable Airbnb rentals is by renting out a room in your house. This means that you will have guests for fewer days, but it also reduces costs because you won't have to buy brand-new furniture or pay for utilities.
However, this isn't always an option--you may not have a spare bedroom or bathroom available for short-term rentals. If this is the case, consider renting out other parts of your home: basement or garage spaces are often affordable options that can help offset some costs while still giving people access to amenities like kitchens and laundry machines (which makes them ideal for families).
Plenty of vacation rentals in Brighton are available
If you're planning on visiting Brighton, England as part of your European vacation and want to stay somewhere that's nice but not too expensive, Airbnb is an excellent option for finding affordable accommodations. However, because many people are looking for the same thing--affordable lodging--it can be hard to find what exactly you want through this website. Here are some tips on how to find great places on Airbnb while still sticking within your budget:
You can find some great places to stay in Brighton on Airbnb, but you need to do your research first.
So you've decided to stay in Brighton for a few nights. Great! But before you start looking for places, there are some things you should know.
- Be prepared to spend some time searching for the right place. There are tons of options on Airbnb--and they all look good in photos. But once you start reading reviews and comparing prices and locations it can get overwhelming fast!
- Look for places that are affordable and still have good reviews (the more 5-star reviews the better). If a place has only one or two stars it may be worth looking into why that was rated so poorly before booking it yourself.
- Don't be afraid to negotiate with the host if their price seems too high compared with other similar listings nearby; most hosts will be willing to work something out with you if given the opportunity.*
There are plenty of great places to stay in Brighton on Airbnb, but you need to do your research first. If you're willing to sacrifice location, there are plenty of vacation rentals available for a reasonable price. And if all else fails, consider staying at a hostel or hotel instead!
Table of Contents