Welcome to the Airbnb! Whether you're a seasoned host or just starting out, we have all the tips and tricks for making your guests feel welcome. Here are 10 ideas for making sure your guests have everything they need when they check into their rental property.
Table of Contents
1. Welcome to Airbnb
A welcome sign is a great way to welcome your guests. It can be as simple as a piece of paper with your name and the date, or it could be something more elaborate like a personalized banner with their name on it. If you're feeling crafty, this is an excellent opportunity for DIY projects! This is a great way to immediately welcome your guests and make them feel at home. You can get creative with this by making it look like an actual door, or even adding a lock and key!
Map of the area/handwritten note from host(s). You could write up some notes about things that guests might enjoy doing during their stay--maybe there's an amazing hiking trail nearby? Or maybe there's an awesome local brewery where all of your friends hang out? Whatever it may be, give them some insight into what makes your city unique!
- A list of the best restaurants in the area
- An explanation of what makes each restaurant special and why it should be on the list (e.g., "this place has the best burgers in town")
- The address, phone number, and website URL
2. A welcome text
Welcome texts are a great way to welcome your guests, and set the tone for their stay. You can use them to send information about the property and local attractions, or even just say hello!
If you'd like some inspiration for welcoming messages, check out this list of sample welcome messages on Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/welcome-messages
3. A local map
You can also include a local map that shows the area and its attractions. This can be especially helpful for guests who are new to the area, or if you have certain attractions in your neighborhood that you think would interest them. A map is also a great way to show off all the great things about where you live, so it's a win-win!
If your Airbnb is located in an urban area with lots of restaurants, bars and other sites within walking distance (or close enough for public transportation), then consider printing out some coupons for local businesses--this will allow your guests access to cheap meals out as well as discount tickets on tours or museums they may want to visit during their stay with you.
4. A guidebook with restaurants, bars and attractions
One of the best ways to make sure your guests have a great experience is by giving them some local recommendations! A good Airbnb welcome pack should include a guidebook that contains information on all of the best places to eat, drink and visit in town. This can be as simple as listing out all of these places in one place or it could be more detailed if you want to include maps with directions or reviews from other guests who have visited there before.
5. Breakfast supplies
A basket filled with breakfast supplies is a thoughtful gift that will make guests feel right at home. You can include eggs, coffee, honey and jam; or even better--basket them together in a cute container like this one! If you have time on your hands and want to make something special for your guests' first morning in your place (or if they're staying in town for an extended period), consider baking breads or muffins that they can enjoy throughout their stay.
If you'd rather not have your guests spend their time in the kitchen preparing food for themselves, consider providing them with some simple breakfast items like eggs, coffee or tea (if you don't provide these things yourself), honey or jam for toast--even if it's just packaged stuff from Walmart!
6. Snacks for the room
Snacks are a great way to get your guests talking.
If you have a snack in the room, it's likely that your guests will end up talking about what they like and don't like about it. This can be a great way for you as a host to learn more about them.
- A basket filled with snacks such as cookies or chocolates.
- You can do this yourself or ask a local bakery to make you some treats.
- You can also include some local snacks that you think your guests might enjoy, like the famous peanut butter from Georgia or chocolate from Belgium! A basket is a nice touch and will help them feel at home in their Airbnb accommodation.
7. A booklet
- A guide to the house rules and other useful information about the property and the area.
This is a great idea for Airbnb hosts who want to make sure their guests know what they're getting into before they arrive. You can include things like:
- Rules of conduct in your home, such as whether or not you allow pets, smoking (if there's smoking allowed), etc.
- A list of restaurants/bars/shops nearby that will be useful for visitors who want to go out after checking in at night or on weekends! It will also give them an idea of what kind of food options are available near your place so they can plan ahead if needed.
Flowers are a great way to welcome your guests! Some nice succulents or other easy to care for plants are a great way to welcome your guest! If you're not sure what kind of plant would be good for you and your home, check out this article about choosing the right houseplant for you: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-choose-the-perfect-houseplant-for-you--a162714
9. A list of books or movies
Your favorite books or movies that you think your guests might enjoy! This is also a great way to get them hooked on something new! We love hosting people who are interested in crafts so we always have craft books available for our guests! This also gives us an idea of what type of crafty projects they enjoy doing and what interests them so we can recommend more things related to those interests for them if they want more ideas when they leave our home!
- A note that says you hope they enjoy the book or movie!
- Consider the age of your guests, and make sure the book is appropriate for them!
10. Specialty bath products and towels
- Specialty bath products. Bath bombs, face masks and other spa-like amenities are a great way to pamper your guests.
- Towels. Make sure you have enough towels for everyone in the house; even if they don't use them all at once, it's nice to know there will be extras available should they need them!
- Hand towels or wash cloths in each bathroom are a must--you don't want guests having to wait for one person's towel when another person wants theirs washed! Plus this will help keep things clean between washes as well as being more eco-friendly than disposable paper towels (which can be used up quickly).
- Bathrobes are also a nice touch because they let guests feel like royalty after their shower/bath time :)
We hope these Airbnb welcome gifts make your guests feel special! Remember, it's not just about the things you give them. The way you do it is just as important. Be sure to be kind, generous and welcoming! If you follow these tips (and maybe throw in some flowers), then we're sure your guests will have a great time on their stay at your home :)